The best way to preserve the health of your teeth and gums is to maintain a sensible oral hygiene regimen. In addition to daily brushing and flossing, this includes regular dental examinations and professional cleanings.
When you visit Quincy Dental Group for general dental services, you’ll receive the highest level of dental care. Our complete oral exams includes:
- Examination of Diagnostic Low-Radiation X-Rays — We can detect decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. Low-radiation x-rays also help determine your tooth and root positions.
- Oral Cancer Screening — This screening looks for any signs of oral cancer, including a thorough exam of the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums.
- Gum Disease Evaluation — Our knowledgeable dental team checks your gums and bone around your teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Tooth Decay Screening — We examine all of your tooth surfaces for decay and make necessary recommendations.
- Examination of Your Existing Restorations — We evaluate the current condition of your existing fillings and crowns.
- Occlusion Analysis — An improper bite can impact the overall structure of your face and even contribute to TMJ. We evaluate your bite for occlusion problems.
- Smile Analysis — Do you like your smile? We can create the smile of your dreams with a Smile Analysis.
A complete oral exam can help ensure you keep your smile bright and healthy. To schedule your dental exam with a multi-specialty dentist, please contact our Quincy dentist office today.
The friendly, knowledgeable dental hygienists at Quincy Dental Group perform a thorough professional dental cleaning, as well as teach you how to continue to keep your smile healthy. Comfortable surroundings, exceptional care, and a welcoming staff are just a few of the reasons our patients love us. And when you come for your dental cleaning appointment, you’ll understand why. Your dental cleaning appointment will include:
- Tartar Removal — Calculus, or tartar, is hardened plaque that has firmly attached to the tooth surface. Calculus forms above and below the gum line and must be removed by a dental hygienist.
- Plaque Removal — Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on your teeth. It’s a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. If not periodically removed, the bacteria produce toxins that infect and inflame the gums, the warning signs of periodontal disease.
- Teeth Polishing — This removes stains and plaque that are not removed during tooth brushing and scaling.
- Home Care Instructions — You’ll leave each dental visit with clear, easy-to-follow instructions on how to properly care for your teeth and continue to keep your winning smile – and a complimentary tooth brush!
A professional dental cleaning can help ensure you keep your smile bright and healthy. To schedule a professional dental cleaning with our experienced dental team, please make an appointment or contact our Quincy dentist office today.
Did you know that oral cancer is the sixth most common cancer, accounting for 40,000 newly diagnosed cancers each year? As part of Quincy Dental Group's comprehensive general dentistry services, our skilled Quincy dentists perform free oral cancer screening and examinations during your routine check-ups. It’s just one of the many special services that we offer our patients — and one of the reasons why people from all over New England choose the multi-specialty dentists at Quincy Dental Group for their dental care.
Oral cancer often starts as a tiny, unnoticed white or red spot or sore anywhere in the mouth. It can affect any area of the oral cavity including the lips, gum tissue, cheek lining, tongue, and the hard or soft palate. Regular dental check-ups, including an examination of the entire mouth, can detect cancerous and pre-cancerous conditions.
At Quincy Dental Group, we’re focused on using the most advanced technology to provide the greatest benefits to our patients. This is why we use digital x-rays to produce consistently safer, better results. Here’s why our patients find our low-radiation digital x-rays to be superior to any other x-ray technology:
- Safer Technology — Our digital x-ray machines use at least 50% less radiation than conventional film x-rays.
- Better Results — The low radiation digital x-ray technology we use provides results as accurate as conventional x-rays, and reveals things that film x-rays simply can’t. Plus, the digital image can be magnified 300x its normal size to enhance diagnosis.
- Faster X-rays — The images appear instantaneously on the computer monitor allowing our dentists to immediately review your x-rays and discuss treatment options with you.
Low radiation digital x-rays are just one of the many advanced technologies that we use at Quincy Dental Group to ensure that you have the highest quality dental care.
If you have questions about the benefits of our advanced digital x-ray technology, please contact the Quincy Dental Group today.
Every Quincy Dental Group dentist believes in being a true partner with you in your oral health care. Because good oral health is associated with overall physical health, each dentist is committed to educating you about the maintenance and care of your mouth.
We will show you the proper way to brush and floss, and will discuss the warning signs of periodontal disease to watch out for, like swollen or bleeding gums. And if you have any special concerns or medical conditions, such as diabetes, we can show you how to safely and effectively care for your teeth.
Request an appointment today to learn how the Quincy Dental Group's multi-specialty team of experienced dentists will help you establish a foundation of good oral health to last a lifetime.
The word periodontal means “around the tooth.” Periodontal diseases are serious bacterial infections that destroy the attachment fibers and supporting bone that hold your teeth in your mouth. Left untreated, Periodontal diseases can lead to tooth loss. Periodontal disease is sometimes hard to recognize because there is often no pain, and there may not be any bleeding, redness or swelling.
At Quincy Dental Group, our goal is to help you keep your teeth over your entire lifetime. In addition to diagnosing and treating periodontal disease, the periodontists can perform cosmetic periodontal procedures to help you achieve the smile you desire.
To learn more, contact with our skilled team today.